Artist Feature - Lize Meddings


Good afternoon brilliant readers. So I know I say this every time I put together one of these posts but I truly truly struggled to pick which illustrations from this fantastic lady to share with you.



Today is dreary yet again, I despise February. So I want to present you with the cosy and ever relatable work of Lize Meddings. As previously mentioned it's dreary as all hell, so every morning in an effort to avoid the inevitable slog that is removing myself from my bed I trawl through Instagram stories and Lize's is one I check every morning.




The real reason behind why Lize is my go to morning pick up isn't just because her work is so lovely, but because her unbelievable drive and motivation to just keep painting is enough to make me want to actually get up. You may have heard of the Sad Ghost Club.

An illustrated initiative using Sad Ghosts to portray the struggles with anxiety that many of us face in our daily lives and to embrace them a little more. Kathleen Hanna is a fan so you should be to.




But I didn't come here to tell you about just Sad Ghost Club, because in my completely standard way, it's Lize's sketchbook pages that I just can't get over. Every page heaves with internal emotions being portrayed through brave block colours. Her vulnerable wolves and brave rabbits are a recurring motif and a particular favourite of mine. You can actually now buy a zine of her sketchbook pages here https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/573046738/combination-a5-sketchbook-zine?ref=shop_home_feat_1 .




I can't thank Lize enough for putting her emotions out there in her work. It's something I've tried to do constantly and then bottled them back up and never actually finished the piece. It's scary but since admiring her work its those little snippets hidden amongst the leaves and wolves that make it so relatable.



You can see more of Lize's work on her website and on her instagram here and check out Sad Ghost Club here . Lize will also be at Shake Bristol TOMORROW. So go and show her some love!

Comments

  1. Wanna RITE zzzillionz of novels
    in Seventh-Heaven?? Follow us Upstairs.
    GBY

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts