Flower Power

(Praying Mantis by Becca Stadtlander)

So not long ago I explored my somewhat more girly side with my pretty Thank You cards and realised I have a fairly good flower knowledge and actually rather like them! Also mother's day (in the UK, it's different in the US right?) always seems to go hand in hand with flowers and floral patterns so I thought I'd share some of my favourite recent flowery finds with you.
floral watercolors by mackintosh via BloomingLeopold


old fashioned collages via collages

The Seed via Leung Kayin

via rosylittlethings (a really beautiful flower filled lifestyle blog)


Pakayla Biehn via booooooom

Sasha Prood's incredible typography via Sasha Prood

amazing print but also amazing things to do with washi tape via Miss Moss


The Queen of Pentacles via Teagan White
how amazing would it be to collage something like this? Your collage would have to look so spot on and realistic! via Miss Moss

Adam Hancher via Illustrated Ladies

Ok this last one is sort of a bonus or just for me...or y'know if your mum is super cool..and/or into taxidermy


These are by Cedric Laquieze and his blog is really worth checking out as he not only does crazy things like these but also some very delicate "fairies" made from moth wings and flowers.

Hope you find something here to inspire your mother's day gift this year
xxx



















Comments

  1. I am also obsessed with floral prints at the moment! I find myself favorite-ing lots of florals on Etsy! (Your Etsy store is so cute btw!) I love your style of illustration. You got my favorite from Paper & Dots :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah i've only just seen your lovely comment! Thank you so much! I'm in the process of moving overseas now so i had to put it into hiatus, hopefully the etsy will go up again soon but it's a very new thing for me so i'm so glad to hear that you liked it and indeed my illustration!

      Delete
    2. ah i've only just seen your lovely comment! Thank you so much! I'm in the process of moving overseas now so i had to put it into hiatus, hopefully the etsy will go up again soon but it's a very new thing for me so i'm so glad to hear that you liked it and indeed my illustration!

      Delete
  2. hey, i think you'd like the work of another illustrator i follow.. www.amyholliday.blogspot.co.uk her typography is cool.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey sorry i've only just seen this comment! I shall have to check them out!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts